Have you seen these vibrant large rimmed food bowls filled with a colourful variety of foods, known as buddha bowls, taking up your Instagram timeline every now and then? Did you disregard them because they looked too preppy for you or thought that they were too time-consuming ?
In any case, let's discuss what's the big deal about these Buddha bowls.
Named after the big, round bellies of Buddha, the concept of Buddha bowls originated from Buddhist walking around the streets with their bowls to be filled with whatever people can give them. At the end of the day, the bowls would be filled with a variety of items.
Fast forward to today, the main components of buddha bowls are starch or whole grains (brown rice, quinoa, barley), roasted veggies, dressing, and protein (tofu, beans, grilled fish or chicken). You can start with grains as your base then artfully arrange the veggies and pile in some protein. Drizzle your choice of dressing and sprinkle some roasted nuts, sesame seeds and Viola! Your Buddha bowl is ready.
This dish is basically a rainbow on a plate that is packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Buddha bowl can help in balancing diabetic levels, reducing the risks of heart-related diseases, improving immunity, and detoxifying the body.
- Red Fruits and vegetables help in improving skin quality, reduce the risk of diabetes and fight cancer.
- Orange Fruits and vegetables are rich in Vitamin A that helps in reducing the risk of lung, oesophagus, and stomach cancer.
- Brown food items such as beans, lentils, chickpeas have Vitamin B which helps to prevent heart disease.
- Green fruits and vegetables have Vitamin K which is essential for blood and bone health.
- Purple fruits and vegetables have phytonutrients which have anti-inflammatory properties.
Isn't It great? One bowl packing so much nutritions and benefits.
Confirming that Buddha bowls aren’t just an internet fad, Subscribe Now to The Bowl One and switch your boring meals with TBO’s perfectly personalized buddha bowls delivered at your doorstep anywhere in Dubai.