Protein shakes have become extremely popular in Dubai’s food scene over the years. And in my opinion, it does deserve the praise and popularity. Among the three macronutrients-fats, protein, and carbs - protein is by far the most fulfilling. It makes you feel satiated for a longer time and helps you curb the desire for late-night snacking by reducing the hunger hormone in your body. It boosts your metabolism and helps in building and repairing tissues.
Use it for weight loss or for building muscle mass, protein is your go-to for staying fit. That, however, depends on its intake. A regular person requires 1.2-1.7 grams/kilo of protein per day so doubling your protein intake at the expense of other macronutrients is counterproductive to staying fit.
Among a long list of protein shakes present in the market, today we'll be just discussing plant-based protein shakes and their benefits.
Types Of Protein Shakes
- Pea Protein Shakes:
Pea protein is made from yellow peas which are rich in protein. Pea protein shake is a great fit for any diet as it packs high-quality protein and iron. Pea protein shakes can aid muscle growth, weight loss and heart health. It contains all nine essential amino acids that your body cannot create and must get from food.
- Hemp Seed Protein Shakes:
Hemp is one of the fastest-growing plants and has been widely used as a complete protein source as it contains all nine essential amino acids that the body needs. It is a great source of magnesium, zinc, fibre, iron, and ALA omega-3 fat.
- Pumpkin Seed Protein Shakes:
Pumpkin seed protein supplies a high amount of protein, healthy fat, iron, zinc and magnesium. Pumpkin seeds also have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Brown Rice Protein:
Brown rice is rich in vitamin B6 which boosts your energy levels. It is a good source of BCAAs which helps in muscle growth.
- Soy Protein:
Soy protein is rich in all BCAAs (branched-chain amino acids), magnesium and vitamin B12 to support muscle building and keeping your bones strong.
Benefits of Plant-Based Protein Shakes:
- Plant-based protein shakes are loaded with healthy fibres that naturally improve digestion and absorption, increase motility and reduce symptoms of gas and bloating.
- The combination of fibre and protein takes longer to burn which makes it better for your metabolism and helps you stay satiated for a longer period of time.
- Plant-based protein shakes are lower in cholesterol and saturated fats which can help in improving heart health and overall well-being.
- These protein shakes can help you lose weight and gain muscle more effectively. The Bowl One makes sure to use non-GMO (genetically modified organism) and chemical-free ingredients and prepare your shakes from scratch to ensure your well-being.
- Contrary to popular belief, plant-based protein shakes do contain the same amount of protein that whey contains so for all those people who are allergic to whey, you can always opt for plant-based protein shakes.
The Bowl One offers a wide range of delicious protein shakes that helps you in your pursuit of staying fit and healthy. Sign up now to get yours delivered today right at your doorstep.